Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Sunday, February 19, 2012

MOM . . what a LADY!


My mom, Evelyn, was the sweet mother to six of her own children, two foster children and a special "grannie" to a whole passel of grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  This is a snippet pic of her  (on the right) when she was 18, just before she married my dad.  The oval photo is of her mother, my grandmother, Sadie. On this shelf are some other things that were my mom's . . . treasures that remind me of her.  She was a passionate pianist, taught hundreds of students and encouraged her children in the art. She raised a huge garden, knew the art of everything in the kitchen, sewing, working hard, teaching & loving her children . . . the ultimate farmwife and mother! She went to her heavenly home on February 6, 1994, just a month before her 80th birthday.  Thank you Mom for being the mom you were!  

No comments:

Post a Comment