Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Sunday, July 29, 2012

QUILTS are just SO COZY and COMFORTING!


I'm in love with quilts!  I just love them and the more unique and "loved" they are the more I love them!  I am not a "master" quilter but have made some and have been gifted with many. The little mini quilt hanging on the door is one I made with 3-D butterflies, yo-yo flowers and a variety of blocks.  I love to hang this one up in the spring and summer. 
On the rack in front is a very old quilt I purchased this summer at a thrift store . . paid $10 for it!  An older lady in the store told it was from the 1890s.  It shows some wear on the back and edges but is in great condition.  Behind it is a granny square afghan that my mom crocheted . . . a true treasure.
After our house fire in July 1994 we were gifted with several quilts and . . unfortunately, you can't see it . . one from one of the fire department womens auxiliary groups is hanging in the center of the rack.  Cozy!  Comforting!  Beautiful!!

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I love quilts I don't have but 1 or 2 but I just love them. Yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete