Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

snappy little SNAPDRAGONS


Snapdragons are one of my favorite flowers and I adore these dark red beauties that grow at the end of our driveway.  There is a very sturdy and deeply "planted" cedar fence post that my dad put in many years ago as one of his corner posts.  That is pictured on the left of this pic and I call it "Pop's Post".  Attached to it is an old gate that my dad made that graced the picket fence around our farmhouse for as long as I can remember.  I was able to salvage it from the farm (no longer ours now that our parents are gone), paint it and use it as yard art at my place. I call it "Pop's Gate" and these "snaps" get to enjoy being part of this little "vignette" of my family and the farm.

1 comment:

  1. What an appropriate photo for Father's Day week. Miss my Dad as I'm sure you miss yours.

    ReplyDelete