Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Monday, June 11, 2012

RED HOT POKERS and ASPENS

My "Red Hot Pokers" are now in bloom and they are enjoying being right next to some of our aspen trees.  These "pokers" are some that are transplants from the ones my mom had in her yard.  They are an unusual flower, but brightly colored and the orioles and taningers love them.  I look forward to seeing these equally bright colored birds come and "hang out" on the "pokers!  It's always interesting to observe . . and ENJOY . . the sequence of the flowers in my yard.  The sequence being when the different ones bloom and grace my yard with glorious beauty.  I love it that there are ALWAYS beautiful flowers in bloom and that they aren't in bloom all at the same time.  I can enjoy flowers for a LONG season of color, fragrance and beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment