Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Thursday, May 29, 2014

ASPEN, SALVIA and a FORK

I have several rock gardens in my yard and they are all built with sandstone rock that is from right here where our house is built.  They all sort of "happened" as a result of excavation and cleanup after our house fire in July 1994 and there were piles of rocks and dirt . . . just beckoning for me to plant flowers in them. 
This is one of those rock gardens and I love this composition of purple salvia, a couple of young aspen trees and an old turning fork from our family farm.  Growing as ground cover under and around the fork is some creeping thyme which I really like as ground cover.  Also in this garden are some yellow irises that aren't open as of yet, but will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment