Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Thursday, January 9, 2014

SNOWY PEAKS in UTAH


I live in the southwest corner of Colorado, within 50 miles of the Four Corners Monument (where the states Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah meet).  That means I can see mountains in these other states if they are close to the state line.   These mountains are the Blue Mountains and they are in Utah, not far from Monticello, Utah.  I was driving Colorado Highway 491 earlier in December on my way to the small farming community of Pleasant View, Colorado, and decided to stop for this photo op.  It had just snowed the day before and the morning sun was shining on the peaks.  The mountains are in Utah, but I was still in Colorado.  They are beautiful but "my mountains" in Colorado that I can see from my kitchen window are more beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment